Status
Not open for further replies.

secondhandrozie

Registered
Print Jobs Stop on HP Laserjet 3500 after installing Tiger 10.4
I cannot print and I am going NUTZO!

This is regarding my:
800 MHz PPC G4

After purchasing THE IBOOK G4, i thought it would be 'GREAT' to install the TIGER software onto my 800 MHz PPC G4.

I was running Panther 10.3.9 and printing to my HP COLORLASERJET 3500 was sporadic (I would sometimes have to turn off printer and/or unplug USB to IMAC to get it to print).

On the Apple / HP and MISC MAC Forums, it seems that a billion HP owners have posted this printing problem --- and no one has the answer!!!

I have completed the following with no success:
DELETED & ADDED HP PRINTER 20X
RESET PRINTER
REPAIRED DISK
and UPGRADED TO TIGER COMBO 10.4.7

Any and all advice, help or general "I am having the same problem too with my HP Printer" will be greatly appreciated.

Dear Gsahil,

I did read the web page you sent me and am grateful, truly, but I am not that proficient in understanding setting up the drivers configuration. Another kind person suggested I go to the MAC OS HELP area and look up CUPS, which I did, but I am confused because it speaks of other users on a local area network. I am the only user.

Should I 'delete' my hp printer and reset it again after downloading the 'hpijs plus ESP ghostscript' driver?

I am not on a UNIX network?

DEAR MISTERME,

Thank you so very much for your intelligent reply. Wow, it must be so great for you to be on a MAC SUPPORT FORUM, knowing all there is to know about MACS and offering such in depth, helpful, assistance such as "I give up".

Just to reiterate why I am posting assistance for anyone having 'knowledge' regarding the recent problems I am having with the installation of TIGER, IS BECAUSE MY PRINTER IS NOT WORKING...therefore I am unable to complete my projects.

Truly, if I were knowledgeable and have not already talked w/Mac, HP and the individuals at HPLIP regarding their drivers...I would not be on this Forum requesting help...and definitely not to be treated as an idiot because I do not know the inner parameters/configuration scenarios. ETC.

So, thanks again for your rudeness...next time, spare the next poor soul your acerbic reply.

secondhandrozie,
Please download and install from the two files that end with .dmg - these are STANDARD Mac disk images and have STANDARD Mac .pkg installers. DO NOT download the source code files. There is nothing about unix or linux in this.

I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back