printers not supported in X

ohiolp

Registered
Hello everyone. I need a little help here. I have just switched to mac and come to find out both my printers are not supported for Mac OS X. Before I just go buy a new one I thought I would look for some help. I have done some searching on this site and google with not much luck finding what I need. I did find a post talking about using a print server through Gimp? So if you could lend me some help or at least point me in the right direction I will buy the beer.
Remember I am new to mac and have never messed with any U*ix/Linux system so if this is going to be to deep just say so and ill go buy a new printer.
My printers are both USB;
Canon BJC-6000 and HP Office Jet V40

Thanks for all your help...

ohiolp said:
Hello everyone. I need a little help here. I have just switched to mac and come to find out both my printers are not supported for Mac OS X. Before I just go buy a new one I thought I would look for some help. I have done some searching on this site and google with not much luck finding what I need. I did find a post talking about using a print server through Gimp? So if you could lend me some help or at least point me in the right direction I will buy the beer.
Remember I am new to mac and have never messed with any U*ix/Linux system so if this is going to be to deep just say so and ill go buy a new printer.
My printers are both USB;
Canon BJC-6000 and HP Office Jet V40

Thanks for all your help...
The Canon BJC-6000 and HP OfficeJet v40 are explicitly supported by GIMP-print.

Back