Printing issue from Safari to Kyocera

rpost77

Registered
Hi, I have an odd problem when printing from Safari to my Kyocera FS1000+ printer.

If I choose File -> Print in Safari and select the Kyocera to print to (via Ethernet/IP), the printer icon pops up and spools the job to the printer OK. The printer appears to receive the output but sits there with its Print job active light on but never actually prints anything (and as it has a job, any other print jobs queued to the printer are stalled). The only thing I can do is power cycle the printer to get rid of the job to clear the printer for other print jobs.

If I choose File -> Print in Safari and select Print to PDF then open the saved PDF in Preview and print from Preview, the PDF prints with no problems.

I have this problem on 2 Macs (originally on my G4 MDD FW800 Dual 1.25 Ghz and now also on my G5 Quad 2.5 Ghz).

I have reinstalled the Kyocera drivers a number of times and the problem has persisted through every update of OSX from 10.4.0 to 10.4.8.

The problem is specific to Safari's printer output as printing from other applications on the Mac works fine.

I also have a Brother MFC-410CN and Safari has no issues printing to this printer.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Regards,

Ralph Post

Back