Printing on Canon i865 via USR5461

James71

Registered
My printer - Canon i865 - connects to my router USR5461
Downloaded the dmg package from canon and installed the drivers in the package (reboot afterwards)

If I connect the printer locally - USB - it is working fine, so the device driver is OK.

When I follow this procedure I cannot get it to work as I am unable to select my printer type - it does not show up in the list. If I select 'other' I have to navigate to the files but I have no clue wich file to search for. If I select another Canon type printer - I can print but it is very small (about 25% of A4)

Tried Gutenprint - but my type is noty listed :(

Canon Support told me to try something called "deja vu" but I can not find what they are talking about.

I would be gratefull if someone can get my printer to work over the router as it is supposed to work.

regards,

It's not deja vu, it is Bonjour. According to the Linux Foundation's OpenPrinting database, a Canon i865-specific driver is not yet available. You should use the Gutenprint driver for the Canon S630. Read the PDF file included in the Gutenprint distribution for additional help to setup your printer.

Back