Pro Keyboard Compatibiltiy?

justindouglas

Registered
hi all,

my keyboard (the white and clear one, model# A1048) has just about died so i bought a used Apple Pro Keyboard (the older black and clear one, model# M7803), and when i plug it in, the mouse/usb ports work just fine, but none of the keys respond. the caps lock doesnt even light up.

heres my system:

PowerPC G4 Dual 1.25
1024 MB memory
OS X 10.2.8

ive tried everything: trashing keyboard prefs, plugging into all USB ports, using a different mouse, and so far no dice.

is this keyboard just incompatible? the guy i bought it from said it worked fine, for what its worth.

thanks!

ps: sorry for the poor puncuation, most of the keys on this one are dead, including the spacebar. i had to CTL+V every space!

That keyboard, along with any other USB keyboard, should work fine. It's possible that whoever sold it to you might have lied about it's condition. Did you test it before you purchased it?

the keyboard you bought works on all macs with usb, as well as pcs. so find another computer, any computer, with usb and plug it in. if it doesn't work, you've been had (what a jerk, demaned your money back). if it does work, then :confused:.

Back