Problem forwarding HTML mssgs in Mail

TrishaM

Registered
I receive a few emails that are HTML newsletters - they look great but occasionally I need to forward one - but when I hit "forward" the message loses its HTML formatting completely. Some graphics disappear and others simply go to the bottom of the text. This makes the message look like a mess, so I don't forward them, but I really need to be able to.

This has been driving me crazy - and I was almost set to switch to Entourage when I find out it has the same problem...can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks!

I've just run into this with a business I've been helping... they switched from Eudora on OS 9 to Apple's Mail on OS X and they can't forward HTML emails with links... all of the links and images get messed up.

Is there a solution to this other than ditching Apple's Mail program?

I don't believe Mail supports composing mail in HTML format, so when forwarding an HTML email you recieved, it will change the format.

Have you tried the 'send again' function in Mail.app? Thunderbird from Mozilla would probably work too.

I did try Thunderbird, and it worked well on forwarding HTML mail messages intact. However, I could not find a way to make it put all my incoming mail from various accounts into one single inbox, which is important for me, so I continue to use Apple Mail, and only use Thunderbird when I need to forward an HTML message. It's extremely klugey (yes, that's the technical term for it), but I'm getting by, and hoping that the good folks at Apple will improve Mail's HTML support soon.

If anyone finds a better solution, I'm all ears!

Back