Problems using Stuffit with a split RAR

Essex

Registered
I've got a large file split up into 40 or so different rar files (xxx.r00, xxx.r01, etc, including a regular .rar.) and I just can't get it to work! I've opened the .rar file and Stuffit then asks me the location of another certain .rar file, which doesn't follow the same naming pattern as the others (it's a file name I haven't even seen before). At this point, I had no idea what to do, so I just clicked on the .r00 file and Stuffit began to piece it together, but after 3 seconds, it unexpectedly quit on me. It does the same thing every time.

Does anyone know if I'm doing anything wrong here?? I've managed to un-archive the file on a PC using WinRAR, so I know everything is complete, but I just cannot get it to work in OS X.

Thanks a lot for the help.

I'm not sure why exactly, but it's a metaphysical certainty that any program without "rar" in the name will suck for handling rar files.

Here's what I suggest: http://www.rarlabs.com

Download the command line rar utilities for OS X. They work quite nicely.

Thanks!

Though, I'm unfamiliar with command lines or Terminal in general. Do you think using these command line rar utilities will be fairly easy and/or straight-forward for someone who doesn't know the first thing about terminal?

Well, once you get the hang of basic command line use, it shouldn't be a problem. They're fairly straight forward programs.

Back