Project builder - OpenGL acceleration question

konan

Registered
When creating an OpenGL program using Project Builder, I add the file "OpenGL.framework" to my project.

My video card does not support openGL acceleration (so I am flying blind here). Do I need to add any other frameworks to the program enable openGL acceleration, or is it done automatically via the "OpenGL.framework" file?

Konan

Maybe it is because you have an imac 333mhz or less. I also have an imac 333mhz and with macos version 10.1.5 these videocards are not supported. This may change in mac os 10.2

steven

I am aware of this. The reason why I asked is because I do not have OpenGL acceleration, I cannot confirm that the program that I wrote will indeed be accelerated on a machine that is.

I suspect that I the opengl.framework file is all I need, but I want to be sure.

The idea behind OpenGL is that you write for OpenGL and not worry about acceleration and video cards. So, yeah, it will be accelerated on any machine with supported drivers. OpenGL figures that out during runtime.

Thanks, that is what I thought. I know that how it works in the PC world, but I am new to this Mac stuff. No such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people :S

Konan

Back