Project Idea Thread

Dominyo

Registered
One problem I always have when learning new programming languages and concepts is coming up with something to, well, program. I'm currently messing around with Java and Cocoa, and have run into this problem again. If anyone has any ideas for a good project, preferably something unique, I could undertake, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I suppose this is a problem of trying to learn something on your own rather than in a class, there are no required assignments/projects.

Hmm... make a program that allows one to browse a forum without using a web browser.

Take your book of physics/math/biology... lectures and program either models or exercices. It's fun to program, degree of difficulty varies a lot and it can be useful for others.

I'm looking into starting a group project here on Macosx.com if you're interested stick around for a while. You should hear something soon. :)

*We'll need all the help we can get.

Dominyo said:
One problem I always have when learning new programming languages and concepts is coming up with something to, well, program. I'm currently messing around with Java and Cocoa, and have run into this problem again. If anyone has any ideas for a good project, preferably something unique, I could undertake, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I suppose this is a problem of trying to learn something on your own rather than in a class, there are no required assignments/projects.

I always find it helps if I do something sport related.

So, being English, I'd build a football - Americans call it soccer, world+dog call it football ;-) -league system.

There's _plenty_ of challenging things there to help you ramp up through the various concepts of any new language.

I cut my php/mysql teeth doing just that very thing...

Back