Pull Screensaver Image for Wallpaper?

Sparrowhawk

Registered
Greetings,
This has got to be an easy one for one of you bright gentlepeople out there. Simply, how does one use an image from one of the built-in Mac screensavers as a wallpaper? Specifically, from the Nature screensaver? I've gone into a folder that indicates that it is the Nature screensaver, but only saw a few of the photos that make up this 'saver, not all of them. Suggestions? Thanks.
Fredrik King (Sparrowhawk)

Yup...

Cntr or right click on one of the .saver packages. Then Show Package Content. Then, Open the COntents then the resources folders. You can make a copy of the content to another folder.. then have the desktop image point to that via the system panel. That should get you to where you need to go.

Open your primary hard disk partition, open System > Library > Screen Savers. Right-click/control-click on the saver you want, choose Show Package Contents then open Contents > Resources and you'll find the images you're after inside :)

Greetings,
My thanks for your direct and succinct instructions. They worked; now I have the woodland trail photo from the forest screensaver as my wallpaper. Thanks again for helping out this Mac newbie. Your time and knowledge is greatly appreciated. Fredrik King

Back