Quake 3 Demo OS X?

bballphoto

Registered
Does anyone (I'm sure everyone but me) know where to get the Quake 3 Demo that runs in OS X? I see that there was a test version 1.3 that is listed all over the place, but all links lead back to the ID FTP and they don't have it posted anymore. If anyone has a link that works, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Robert

Thanks for the info. I think the link that I am using now (thanks Giaguara) is going to be the same as the one I have DL'd many times before. It will install, but when try to launch it, I get a crash message. Maybe I have the right file, just the wrong knowhow?

Thanks,
RM

Not sure of what's wrong, just thought I'd share that I've experienced the same problems.

I believe I read on Quake3World forums that an update was released, but ID never updated their links.

I don't recall an OS X version of the demo ever being released. I've only seen the retail version patched to work with OS X natively.

Why not just buy the game and show your support for the boys and girls at id?

Because they take to long to approve anything Mac RtCW related. ;) The game sat in approvals for nearly 2 months. The demo sat in approvals for around 6-7 months. The most recent Mac beta patch still hasn't been approved. Heh, but of course I'll be one of the first in line to pick up Doom 3.

i cant get any games to play on my power mac g4 can anyone help?

You might want to start a new thread with the following:
  • Appropriate topic name in the appropriate section
  • Games that you're having problems with
  • Specifications of your Power Mac G4, including processor speed, RAM, hard drive size, and version of OS X installed.

Back