Quark 7: Automatic file extensions

antoniohavoc

Registered
When I save a file, Quark doesn't add a file extension .qxp or .qxd. I've spoken to other friends who use Quark 7 on a mac and when they save a file it automatically adds the extension for them. Is there a preference that I need to turn on? Or an updater?

Thanks!
Antonio

You must turn on dot extensions in your Finder preferences. Go to View at the top of your screen while the Desktop is selected and click the "Show Dot Extensions" button.

Hey Natobasso,
Yes I've tried that. Show file extensions is on. All my other programs add the extensions except Quark....its strange. I also called Quark tech support and the told me the same. I hope it something else that I'm missing...fustrating.
Thanks...

Yes I have it already the update.

I haven't seen anything on this issue either. Its very strange because I have 3 computers and all have the same issue! It's really not a big problem...just annoying. I appreciate all your advice! Thanks man.

I have a feeling it's an Apple problem. Apple has been quick to release new software versions but VERY SLOW at releasing fixes for them and the accompanying software (see Safari hacked on the web to see what I mean!)

You might want to check and see if Quark 8 is an answer to your prayers? Maybe a quick call to their support line?

Hey!
I contact Quark...they were just as confused as I!
I have a feeling its Apple software also. I read the Safari snafu also.

Thanks again!

Back