QuarkXpress, PDFs, inkjet printer: PDFs resized when printed

winstonc

Registered
To Quark Gurus,

I have an HP1700 printer and I am using Quark 4.11 and Distiller 4.0 in OSX 10.2.6. When I print my QuarkXpress files to our RIP enabled EPSON, the prints come out the right size. But when I create a PDF from my Quark document and print to my HP1700 (non postscript), my PDFs come out smaller, like they are resized or something. I am using PREVIEW to print my PDF files.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
-Winston

Your inkjet is set to reduced paper. Open Quark, open your doc, open Print Window, select Page Format, realize the format is wrong, change it, Save Settings, you're done.

Wait... you're printing through Preview ? Not through Distiller ? I don't understand.

I agree with what toast said. I do have some more to add.

Whenever I print a PDF or any other document, I always double check the specific printer's print settings. Oftentimes Acrobat will have "Fit to Page" selected automatically and since different printers have different sized "print areas" you can get different sized prints of the same document on different printers this way. Just make sure "Fit to Page" is unchecked whenever you print from Acrobat, unless you absolutely need it.

Back