[Question for experts] Hot to run os 10.3 with default video driver?

raducst

Registered
I have a powerbook g4 1,5ghz 12" with a video chipset geforce 5200 burned because I played too much wow on it and the cooling system didn't managed
I want to use this laptop but the mac os 10.3 crashes a lot of times because of this video chipset . Also, some strange artefacts appear on the image
What I have observed is that when I install 10.3 mac os the system is running very good and it has no artefact on the screen, which means that it uses a default video driver who doesn;t acces the geforce 5200 chipset
when I finish the install the problems appear.
My question is if I can make mac os 10.3 to use that default video driver always, and how can I do this?
I know that if i use that driver I will not be able to work in many programs but I just want to use that laptop to write, see 2d pictures, listen music - simple stuff.
ATM I have 10.3 installed on the laptop - the only system that I could install, working in thousands of colors 1024, and it crashes most of the time (that error in 4 languges).

i see no one know, in this case , can anyone tell me how i can contact apple to ask for help ? i tried on apple.com but they don;t have an email for this thigs if you don;t have warranty

Back