Question Regarding Adobe Photoshop CS(1)

I am looking to buy a Photoshop program for my Intel-based iMac (Tiger 10.4.10). I am leaning towards Photoshop CS1, but would first like to know a few things about the program before making a decision. They are:

1- Is the program fully compatible with an Intel-based iMac (OS 10.4.10)?

2- If so, does it run "natively" on an Intel-based iMac (OS 10.4.10)?

3- Is there more to the "Creative Suite" than just Photoshop?

4- If so, what other programs, applications or features are bundled-in?

5- What is the difference between the Standard and the Premiere versions?

Any help is appreciated. I will no doubt have follow-up questions, but hopefully not many.

Thanks in advance. I do appreciate it.

1&2: Only the latest version of Photoshop CS3 is a Universal Binary which runs natively on Intel macs. Older versions of Photoshop will run using Rosetta emulation to emulate a PowerPC. While its true that the modern Intel Macs are significantly faster, and even in emulation mode do a fairly good job of matching performance with the last of the PPC macs, you'll get much, much better performance from CS3.

3&4- Photoshop is available seperately, or as part of Creatiev Suite. Creative Suite also includes Illustrator (vector graphics), InDesign (DTP), ImageReady, GoLive (Web design), etc.

5. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Creative_Suite for a table showing the features and differences between the versions.

Back