# questions, 1 problem

inboxdesign

Registered
Questiosn:

Being a complete idiot when it come to these things, I cant unserstans tha Apple Doc's but I have a Powermac G5 dual 2gig runnig Maco s X 10.6

It is primarly a webserver.

Now as much as i love apple, its not a good one. I fond the DNS Very differcult and the web server set up is buggy.

I have a huge problem with the port 16080 which is the "Preformace cache" port, which kills my urls even though i have turned OFF preformance caching.

How Do i fix or completly stop the port 16080?

Slow responce time, When trying to load any pages I have a very slow resopnse time as in it can take like a minute to load a page that is only like 16kb big in total, images and all.
I assume its to do with the talking between the DNS and the apacher web server
How can i fix this?

There must be a better way to set up sites and email? At the moment I have to create a zone file, move it to the right place with the terminal, edit the httpd.conf file, add the email accounts in some /private/mailer/virtual.gonf or something, then add then in both GUI's the sever admin and the workgroup manager.

Is there a better app or why is the apple app's not doing this?

OH and now my problem

I have at the moment, a cheap crap d-link DSL-302 router, and every time it resets ? for some reason onces every 4 days or so (Due to my isp or being a shit router) but this crashes the server. Being headless i connect via ARD but cant, so the only thing i can do is manually restart it. And coming in on a sunday at 4 in the afternoon is not happy for the missus cooking a roast.

What would cause the server to crash?

Thanks

inboxdesign said:
What would cause the server to crash?
Thanks

It sounds like you've already answered your own question. For some reason your D-Link router is resetting itself from time to time. This causes the server to be knocked off the network, and you are thus unable to remote into it with ARD. The server hasn't crashed, it's just been disconnected from the network because of that cheap D-Link router's weird behaviour.

The slow response time issue also sounds like a router problem, not a server problem.

Back