quicktime crashes when trying to play anything on windows xp!

fr3nch_com

Registered
Same thing is happening to me.

I installed itunes 6.0.1(13). i was able to do everything in itunes but when i tried to play anything, it would crash.

this didnt happen until i installed itunes 6.

i found out this is because itunes uses quicktime to play just about everything. I tried to open mov,m4a,m4v,mp3 files in quicktime and i was just getting windows message "QuickTime Player has encountered a problem and needs to close...". When i view the details, it says the issue was with "quicktimeaudiosupport.qtx"...:

Error Signature
AppName: quicktimeplayer.exe
AppVer: 7.0.3.50
ModName: quicktimeaudiosupport.qtx
ModVer: 7.0.3.50
Offset: 000405e4

When i elect to send it to microsoft, the error reporter opens up a webpage saying that they have contacted apple and that apple has no fix for this. so apperantly this is a problem many people are having. i have looked all over the internet for a solution.

I have reinstalled itunes many times...
I have reinstalled the quicktime standalone many times...
i have even uninstalled norton Internet Security 2006 and reinstalled quicktime, and yet the same thing happens.

I have alot of music that i have purchased through itunes and it seems most of them cant be played on anything else other then itunes, which i had no problem with until now.

It doesnt seem that apple really cares much for the customers that use their products on windows machines.

Any help bould be greatly appreciated!!!

thank you for your reply

i have already gone to both places. this seems to be an issue which is rather common yet neither microsoft nor apple have an answer for. i also have this posted over at apple's discussion forum as well.

Back