Quitting The Finder...

Legolas

Registered
By force-quitting, or using the quit menu via TinkerTool, you can quit the finder. However, it always relaunches a few seconds afterwards. I want to try quitting the Finder for good and launching apps from the Dock to speed up performance (in games and such)... how can I keep the Finder quit?

No no no, you don't have to have the Finder always on for the system to work! That would be VERY bad if the system depended on the Finder. I think it is possible to do this in 10.2 (it was possible in 10.0 and 10.1) through TinkerTool, it's working for me! Maybe if you reinstall TinkerTool or reset it's changes?

Originally posted by Snowball
No no no, you don't have to have the Finder always on for the system to work! That would be VERY bad if the system depended on the Finder. I think it is possible to do this in 10.2 (it was possible in 10.0 and 10.1) through TinkerTool, it's working for me! Maybe if you reinstall TinkerTool or reset it's changes?

Yea, when i Kill the Finder via the Dock using tinkertool, it remainds "DEAD" until i relauch it again, its definately possible, although, i don't remember this in Pre Jaguar, it always Auto Relaunched! I prefer choice anyhow!

NeYo

Back