Rainbow Six 3

mw84

Registered
Before I sold my xbox I loved playing Rainbow Six 3 on xbox live. I was wondering about getting it for my mac. Does anyone know how the game play varies from that of on the xbox?

The main things I'm trying to find out are, how are the control's. I remember it was tricky to get a hang of on the xbox controller so is it very hard to control on the mac? I have a Logitech Dual Action gamepad. Also how is the online gaming with it? xbox live always had atleast a couple of hundred people at any time, playing in games you could join. Is it the same on the mac?

If anyone thinks it really isn't that good and can recommend something similar that has online multiplayer options, I'd consider that too.

Oy.... Rainbow Six 3 is a great game. But, you're going to have to get aquainted with a keyboard and mouse. I've got Six3 and a Dual Action, and they ain't workin together. I love using a keyboard and mouse personally. Actual gameplay doesn't differ much from the Xbox, except for in contextual menus.

Online play is a little sketchy. You have to obtain a GameRanger account and even then there aren't many people playing it on Macs at all. I own the game for the career mode.

Overall, this isn't a great choice for an online game on the Mac. I think that maybe you need to get some suggestions for a sub.

I have rainbow six 3: athena sword, and raven shield.
I use the KB and mouse :) The game rocks! (although I stink! I keep getting killed :p)

Arr, the online gaming was my favourite bit of the game. I have UT2004 and thats always pretty packed online, although I don't play it much because I'm so rubbish at it! :rolleyes: Anyway any other sugestions for something similar? Is Athena Sword any better online? I enjoyed the Conflict series a lot, anyone got that on mac? If it's available.

Back