Read mail receipt

Email receipts generally don't work outside your mail service's domain.

Be warned--there is a growing resentment in the Land of email receipts. I was mildly annoyed by them back in the day when they were a part of AOL mail. Now that I am older and wiser, I strongly resent them. They serve no useful purpose except to indicate that you email was probably delivered. This is really not much in doubt anymore. Presumeably, you want to know that your recipient read and understood your message. Well, a receipt can't really tell you that.

Word to the wise: If you want to know if your recipient received your message, call him. This is why God gave Man the cellphone.

That's funny because I really hate them too. I sell on ebay, and I have a buyer that keeps emailing asking how much he owes as if I haven't answered several times. I would really like to know if he's getting my mail or just buying time! Another customer isn't responding either, so I'm just curious about what's happening.

Thanks for reminding me how much I hate these things! I'm glad my mom hasn't found out about that option!

If they won an auction on ebay from you you can get their contact info from there and give them an old-fashioned phone call.

I have done that with flako-deadbeats in the past to good effect, ti should work for a guy with an overactive spam filter as well.

Back