Recover rewritten old saved file

neonlady

Registered
:( AGGHH!! I should have known better, but somehow I saved an old document after deleting the data. I was using an existing job sheet as a layout template for a blank one for the new year. I thought I had saved the new one, but somehow I had saved the old file, but with the data deleted. Any suggestions on how to recover previously saved files?
I am running 10.2.8 and the doc is in appleworks spreadsheet

I have tech tools 4 and was attempting to run the data recovery tool, but it tells me ther is not enough memory? hmmm, I have a 512 with 50 gigs free on a 80 gig HD.

any help would be appreciated!

If you open a file, delete the data and then accidentally save the file instead of "Saving As…", then there is unfortunately nothing you can do about that file. Some applications save a backup of the file that you are working on, but having opened Appleworks and looking through the preferences, I can't see that it does.

The only thing I can suggest is that you revert to a backup file. You do back your data up, don't you?

I feel your pain... I once sorted a story I had written in MS Word (63 or so pages, size 14 New York double-spaced... yes, I was young) and accidentally saved. Immediately: "Oh shit." I tried piecing it back together, but I'm not sure it was worth it... the story kinda sucked anyway.

So, in a word, no. There is nothing you can do.

Back