Remote Desktop Connection for Mac

Gerard McLean

Registered
Remote Desktop Connection for Mac
Microsoft
RDC

Never thought I'd be saying I couldn't do without a MS product, but short of opening up a browser window on another monitor connected to an XP box (or flipping an A/B box), I just log into my XP box from my Powerbook to view web sites side by side to see site development in a real MSIE. (Safari debug doesn't come close enough to be real)

Keeps me on my Mac, but lets me develop for MSIE... add Exposé and you can really speed through comparing subtle, but critical difference in CSS.

G.

This way I saved on a new screen for my peecee, which I still need from time to time. I wish I had this connection all the time and wouldn't be dependant on VPC when I am on the road..

A big here-here for RDC - one of the finest programs for this sort of thing.

Definitely faster than VLC or any of the other "viewport" programs - nice, streamlined use of a PC.

Documentation is good but sparse.

I used to used Virtual PC as my "work from home" way of connecting to the office...

Now I just use a VPN on my Mac and Windows Remote Desktop. This is by far the slickest, fastest, easiest work-a-home setup I've had... and I've been doing this for almose 9 years!

My home is PeeCee free because of Windows Remote Desktop. (Shhhh... Don't tell Microsoft that. ;) )

RDC is allowing me to convert our office to mainly Mac-based environment, with only one Windows PC that'll be isolated from the outside world (thankfully).

Works like a charm for me, be it through the LAN or through the net with a DSL connection.

Back