Remove application's services

Stejimenez

Registered
Hi everyone:

I have in the past installed Endnote X and later removed the App. But I notice that Zapping the app didnt got rid of the "application's service" it created on The Menu. Whenever I Click Finder>Services>Endnote apperars various services that does not work anymore.

How do I Get Rid of this Unexisting Services????

I have used Spotlight and Serched Endnote and Nothing Appears.

Best Regards,

Stejimenez

Excellent ... This Works Great...

I just Dont know how to remove the service, just desable it.

But anyway its great.

Best Regards,

Stejimenez

The application Endnote is responsible for adding the Service and you would use that app to remove the entry.

Read This

The application Endnote is responsible for adding the Service and you would use that app to remove the entry.

Read This

That’s a useful post. In Stejimenez’s case the app has already been removed so most likely just the plist remains. Removing that should then remove the Services.

The system must be building the services menu from the plists. (If a plist is removed but the app remains the plist will be restored from within the app.)

They’ll be at /Users/your_username/Library/Preferences. Check to see if a plist exists for Endnote, you may have to look fairly hard since it may be identified primarily by the developer’s name or identity.

Service Scrubber is preventing the Services menu from building those items in at start up which is 99% of the job. Many people have unused plists in their prefs folder left over from deleted apps.

Back