Renewing .Mac account, question.

banky

Registered
Hi

A quick question about renewing .Mac, I have had an email saying it's due to renew this month, does this have to be renewed via credit card? or can I buy .Mac from a store and renew it that way. What would happen if I let it run out and then bought again from store, could I get the same email address?

I ask because I 'm getting rid of my credit card and that seams to be the only way to renew?

Thanks in advance.

If you set it up via credit card it will renew automatically if the card is still valid or at least that is what happened in my case. I suppose you could drop by your nearest Apple company store and pay your renewal fee there since they have access to all your account information. If you let your subscription run out and bought a new account, there is no guarantee you would get the same userid or email address. In fact most likely you would not since they would put your old userid into suspense for some period of time to avoid confusion from reassigning the same userid.

If you don't have a credit card, why not use a debit card? You'll have to have some kind of plastic to use to renew your account. It's impossible to do any commercial activities online without plastic.

Goodluck.

Back