Replacement boot disk, where to get

You won't find machine specific 10.5 discs for a G4 PB.

You can either
1) get the machine specific discs... easiest one being AppleCare, locating the discs with serial number of the machine (as the Mac was sold over 3 months ago the first time, this option will cost more than the second method) or
2) buy a retail disc set of 10.5. Those discs are black in color. Again, ebay, Craigslist, Apple (should still have these available as for the PPC machines this is the latest they can upgrade to)...

Thank you PBear. Didn't find on ebay readily. Will keep looking.
Still wondering if I can make my own. If I get Time Machine working correctly will I need a boot disk for emergencies?
clone

Thank you PBear. Didn't find on ebay readily. Will keep looking.
http://computers.shop.ebay.com/Soft...retail&_catref=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p4978.c0.m282
Still wondering if I can make my own. If I get Time Machine working correctly will I need a boot disk for emergencies?
clone
I don't know, I don't use Time Machine. Why don't you just get a firewire external drive about the same size as the PBG4s startup disk, format it as HFS+, download and install SuperDuper! or Carbon Copy Cloner and clone your startup disk to the external drive? Judging by the prices on ebay for the 10.5 retail disks an external drive would be cheaper IMO.

Back