[request]Program that checks webmail

ahollywoodcraig

Registered
Is there any program or plugin that can enable a user to check we based email (like Yahoo, etc) without a browser?
Any help would be awesome.

Mail (already included in OS X)should be more than willing to do the trick. i use Mail every day to check my yahoo-account. using POP3, there shouldn't be any big problems at all..

for any other webbased mail you might wanna check into using IMAP instead of POP3, especially if you would like to check mail from more than one computer..

if you have noe idea what POP3 / IMAP means, and how to set up Mail to get mail from your yahoo-account, please don't hesitate to ask and I / somebody else will give you a quick run-trough..

alex.

As Alexandr pointed out, WebMail is almost always a front end on some otherwise-accessible IMAP server. You should check with your webmail provider and see if they can hook you up with the IMAP server info.

and since you happended to mention yahoo, i know for certain they offer POP3 access to your account. you just have to "turn it on" inside your settings when you access you account online.

this is the string inside my yahoo-account

mail settings -> POP-access and forwarding -> in step#1, tick; Web- and POP-Access -> in step#2, tick; your prefered setting(HTML or plain text-messages) -> press send, and yahoo should guide you trough the rest on howto set it up in whatever mail-client you wish to use.

alex.

Uh... Yahoo makes you upgrade to a better packaged and charges for this feature... at least, US users....

Back