Restoring Music from iPod to a new drive

C

Registered
I had a rare occurance, a physical hard drive crash. Everything was destroyed on the G5 Power PC hard drive. Including the music library. The good thing is my library was on my Ipod. (I can play it, and connect it to my stereo). The bad news is when I connect it to the new/replacement hard drive in the G5, iTunes shows the music is there, but greyed out. I can not move the music from iPod back to the MAC. I don't want to rip 22 gigs worth of music again, when it already exists on the iPod, at the same time I don't want to lose what has been saved on the iPod. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Look on macupdate.com for "ipod" and "restore" or "tool". You'll find a couple of free utilities that let you do just what you want. You won't get your lists back, but all the tracks.

iPodRip and IPodtoMac both work great for this purpose. I had the same thing happen, only it was my RAID server that crashed. 2 drives at once! - anyway, download on of these and you will be back in business in no time.

Back