Retrieving deleted files? OS 10.4.11

QuadPusher

Registered
I just realized that I've deleted a folder containing several files that I still need from a flash drive. I haven't deleted any files from the drive since the files in question were deleted, so I'm hoping there's still a chance, even though I know that under UNIX it's quite difficult to "undelete" a file... but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I know that Norton Utilities used to offer the ability to recover deleted files, but I haven't used Norton since 2001. Are there any applications that offer a similar ability? ...or am I screwed?

Thanks.

I just realized that I've deleted a folder containing several files that I still need from a flash drive. I haven't deleted any files from the drive since the files in question were deleted, ...
If you have not emptied the Trash, then you will find your files in the Trash. Norton Utilities does not support MacOS X 10.4. Do not use it. There are other utilities that can be used to recover files. DiskWarrior is the most effective. Also, TechTools Pro does an excellent job.

Caveat: If your Flash drive is FAT16 or FAT32, then I don't know if a Mac file recovery utility will do the trick. You may need a Windows file recovery utility.

Back