Rio 500 - Songs not transferring in ITunes

aerospike2006

Registered
I have the latest version of ITunes (Panther version w/ all available updates). My Rio 500 has the latest firmware update. Version 2.15.

Previously, when I was running Jaguar's version of ITunes, I had no problems transferring music from ITunes to my Rio 500. ITunes would recognize the Rio 500 and display both it's internal and external memory perfectly.

Now, with my new version of ITunes (Panther version), it still recognizes the Rio 500. It displays it's internal and external memory. It even allows me to clear/flash the internal and external memory. However, what it does not allow me to do is transfer new songs to either the internal or external memory.

I have tried changing every option/preference in ITunes that I could think of. Nothing worked. What could be the problem?

Your iTunes Library isn't in AAC format is it?
I have no clue. Have an iPod, so compatibility is not an issue.
You searched Rio's support pages? Any info on Panther/iTunes 4.2?

Considered that maybe there hasn't been a response to your query yet because no one here owns a Rio 500?
Hardly pathetic :rolleyes:

I'm a moron.......I was trying to transfer AIFF files to my player. HAHAHAHAAHAHAH (ok, it's not a laughing matter). All my MP3 files transfer, I just have very few of them and, so, had not tried to transfer them before this. Because my AIFF files didn't transfer, I just assumed ALL of my files wouldn't transfer.

Thanks cybergoober for making me realize how much of a cybergoober I am!!!!

Back