Router question

macfreak88

Bring me Tiger!
Hi!,

I have setup my router so i can still have my webserver back with portredirection. And i wonder if i can make to redirections...but how can i reach each computer with the ip adress....now it´s only forwarded to my comp. Is it possible?

I don't quite understand your question. Do you mean you have a DHCP router that's only giving an IP address to one machine?

"but how can i reach each computer with the ip adress"

Which ip address do you mean?

I assume you mean, as Jadey said, that you have DCHP configured with a NAT, and that "the IP address" is your WAN IP.

Well you need to figure out what the IP address of your router is, which will be on the configuration page (where you setup port forwarding, etc).

Here's my example:
[65.94.54.98] is the IP of my router. This means that this is the IP that connects to the WAN (ADSL). I have configured port 8080 to redirect to ]192.168.2.6:80] on my LAN, which is my machine's local static IP address.

You then give out the address [65.94.54.98:8080] to connect to your webserver. Check the attached screenshot of my configuration screen for my SMC Barricade for an example of local IP address forwarding.

Check the attached screenshot of my configuration screen for my SMC Barricade for an example of local IP address forwarding. [/B]

ACK! Navigator won't let me attach files for some reason. oh well.... :p

Back