running apps from flashdisks

zoranb

Registered
I copied Firefox on the flash disk, went to another mac and tried to run it from the flashdisk but it was asking me for a creating a profile etc. In other words it had lost Firefoxs bookmarks and settings. is there a way so that this doesnt happen?
In otherwords im trying to have one copy of Firefox remote and beeing able to use it in every mac i sit on to.
How?

'In other words it had lost Firefoxs bookmarks and settings.' - in specific words: no 'it' did not lose anything; you yourself however - did not copy the additional files needed by 'Firefox'.

You dragged 'Firefox' from the '/Applications/' folder to a USB RAM disc (thumb drive, etc.); yet, the support files and folders of 'Firefox' reside at '~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/'.

---

The Portable App link is useless; unless you are a windoze user who mistakenly posted to mac support group; or, you are a Mac'er with a model Mac capable of booting Windoze XP, or running a variety of Windoze OS'es - and wish to use the USB storage device, from that perspective.

Nice find (the provided link), fryke.

The reply portion of "the support files and folders of 'Firefox' reside at '~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/'." - was in response to 'In other words it had lost Firefoxs bookmarks and settings.'.

As far as 'How?'; yes, I did not provide such. Since then, your reply was provided.

Also, some may prefer to enclose the original code in a 'with timeout ... end' statement. I also replaced 'firefox' with 'firefox-bin'.

Back