Running Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis on an Intel mac...

physicality

Registered
There is a game I used to play in my youth called "Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis". It is a over-the-top RPG that ran on the Mac OS 9 and earlier. It remains in my heart as one of the best games ever made.

It has been a long time since I have played the game, and since then my older Macs have broken down and I now own a Intel Macbook Pro.

There are no universal binaries for this game. Does anyone know how I can run this priceless game on my Macbook?

Odyssey: The Legend of Nemesis: http://www.paranoidproductions.com/odyssey/index.html

Its a shame that this amazing piece of art may never find its way onto a screen again!

Just in case you're still interested, I got Odyssey running with Basilisk II v1.0, an emulator. You need a copy of an OS that can run it and a ROM of a compatible computer.

The former you can get from Apple's website or search around, the latter is downloadable in various places. However, the only legal way to get a ROM is to make one from your old Mac.

I have a setup running with a starter disk (7.5.5) I got from E-Maculation and a Quadra 650 ROM.

Back