Safari/eBay Woes

Hekate

Registered
I have a strange problem with Safari (1.2.2, v125.8). I am using a 17-inch Powerbook with 1 GB of RAM and OS 10.3.4. I am using tabbed browsing and this problem only occurs when I attempt to load eBay. I have five tabs on ebay, including the main page, myEbay and a couple of product-specific pages. When I click the tab to load, it takes an extraordinarily long time to load it (like 4-5 minutes even though I have a 3.0 Mbps cable connection). I looked at Activity Monitor and whenever I click eBay, it is using more than 85 percent of the CPU capacity. Occasionally, it's over 95 percent.
I have a test user on my system and it does not occur on that system, so it is unique to my user. I've trashed the preferences, reset Safari and repaired permissions.
Any ideas as to the cause and, if so, how to fix this?

Actually it could be the cache. Too many files in that cache folder will slow down the browser as it checks the cache and compares it to the internet page.

Go to the Safari menu and select Empty Cache. A window will come up (Are you sure?) click on empty. Should speed things up.

Back