Safari pdf blues

pantosj

Registered
Hi all,

The other day I installed Adobe Reader and Safari stopped using Preview to display .pdf's. Instead it tries to use Reader, but here's the hassle: it doesn't automatically load Reader and put the pdf in my browser window. Instead, it asks me to find Reader for it. I've attached a screenshot of the window.

Anyway, I'm fine with going back to preview if I have to. I just want this hassle gone.

I've searched the posts and tried a few things. I got info on a pdf file and found that it was still set to preview by default. I changed it to Reader and then back to Preview and clicked the change all button. That didn't work. i also went into the user library and moved the safari.plist to the desktop and rebooted. that didn't work either.

Any ideas?
-Ryan

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 12
Did you finish installing Adobe Reader 7.07, and not just the installer itself? Because when I tried it the installer seemed like it had done its job, saying installation was successful, but 7.07 was nowhere to be found on my HD. Had to run the installer again and then it did a two-part install, after which my Reader read 7.07.

Also, in Adobe Reader Preferences/Internet there is the option "Display PDF in browser using:" [Adobe Reader]

Hope you get everything working again.

Back