Safari Quitting Unexpectedly Again

gollum84

goonies never say die
Yesterday was the worst Ebay experience I ever had!!!! I was bidding on an autographed Andy Serkis Gollum Book with only a minute left. It was a back and forth battle between me and another bidder, until.......SAFARI HAS UNEXPECTEDLY QUIT appears on my screen. AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
I was outbid because of Safari quitting on me. What can I do so that this doesn't happen ever again? I went to the support page at apple and dug out the "com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist" thing and dragged it to the desktop. Should I delete it or just keep it there? :mad:

The highest bid was $30.50. And because of Safari quitting I missed putting in another bid.

So far Safari hasn't quit again, after I took that com.apple.quicktime.plugin.preferences.plist out and put it on my desktop. For sure I'll find out tonight when I go back to Ebay to find some more stuff to bid on.

It tends to happen with Safari from time to time - hopefully future releases will become more stable.

Knock on wood, but Safari is the only browser that hasn't quit on me yet. Actually, neither has Lynx...<G>.

Moz, Firebird, Opera, IE, etc...all have.

Isn't Safari up to version 1.2 now? I don't have Panther yet so I can't update Safari to that version. I'm using Safari 1.0.2(v85.7), so are there any updates between mine and 1.2 that I should know about that might cause Safari not to crash at random times?

It's official..... Safari just quit on me once again when I was on Ebay. Should I trash it and reinstall or do something else? But if I reinstall it, how can I save all my auto-fill usernames and passwords?

Did you follow the tips in the other thread listed above? If you just turn-off some autofill features, it'll help tremendously.

I went into the preferences:autofill tab and removed alot of stuff from the "other forms" box. There were sites in there that I haven't been to in a long time. My next step is to delete some fonts. About 6 months ago I downloaded some specialty fonts, like borg, alien, ren & stimpy and others. Those fonts also made the font drop-down window in Appleworks open really slow and the spinning beach ball popped up for a few seconds. So where on my hardrive can I find those fonts so I can delete them?

Fonts are stored in 3 places;

Library>Fonts

System>Library>Fonts

User>Library>Fonts

You don't want to remove any fonts from System>Library>Fonts

Back