script to automaticly create simple webpage?

Browni

Registered
I am looking for a script to automatically create a simple webpage. like the ones i have done here : http://www.adamswbrown.btinternet.co.uk/pictures/Scream/ Feel free to have a look in the pictures dir, it is just some work that i have done. in Photoshop.

What i am looking for is a script to create a page like these eg 'title' image and then other text.

Is this possible?

Adam

unfotunately i dont know of a script or how to make one for that, short of having iphoto generate the page for you. I just wanted to say "Nice artwork".

Thanks for the kudos all am looking for is a simple thing, nothing fancy the things that iphoto does, i might try seeing if golive will work with apple script. but short of that i don't know

It is a php library that does a lot of stuff with images. If you add exif data in your image, you can have the scripts read that and publish it as a caption.

http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

If you don't want the full gallery, you can check the code and pick the pieces you need.

Gallery works really great, all you do is upload the images via ftp, and point the script to the folder and it will automatically add the pictures, and read the exif data.

its a non PHP server, and i don't have the permissions to install new addons. Ill have a look at blogger. Is Adobe Golive Apple scriptable?

Yeah, but your MAC can run PHP... (As it can run AppleScript)

So if you are going to make an AppleScript on your mac, leveraging a PHP script on your mac is equivelent.

however i am not allowed to run a webserver from 'my' mac as i dont own it ( its my dads). Also arent there alot of securty isssues with hosting a site on the mac. Also say for example im doing some hevey Photoshop work, would the amount of people visiting the site go down, as the computer would be tied up doing the Photoshop work?

Assuming youa nd your Dad have seperate user accounts, then you can do this without chaning his setup.

Also you don't need to make this publically available... Just turn on Web Sharing in the Pref Pane, do your work from http://127.0.0.1 (localhost), and then turn sharing off again...

I've been hosting my site on my Mac for almost 2 years, and never had any problems. Those stupid Windows virsues try to attack my machine, but the built in Apache Web server is not vulnurable the way the Windows IIS Web server is... So no problem.

To be fair, there have been some security issues with the version of Apache Apple is running, but I don't think there are any know exploits that leverage these issues. All of the hackers are busy working thier way into IIS because it has 100's of way more dangerouse holes vs the 1 in Apache.

One problem, we have a single user system ie one user (jmbrown) that we just use. Its is allot more simple then having multiple accounts as even though i am the person in the house that uses it the most during the day my mum may want to use it and she does not want to have to log out ( or fast user switch for that) she is a novice user. However i will look in to it.

thanks for all your help :)

Adam

Yeah, the html looks pretty easy, should be simple enough to produce a script.

Couple of things I'm not clear on though.

Where does the data on copyright and software (photoshop 7.0) come from? I checked out the image file, and I couldn't find the information in it anywhere. Is it just all the same, is there a file with the info in it somewhere, is there an non stripped-down version of the file with more comments embedded in it?

Second - are the filenames of the images all the same as their titles? And, do any filenames have any spaces, weird punctuation or accents or anything in them?

that is manually typed in, as i am not sure how to do that. some of the file names to have _'s in them.

what version of Photoshop are you using?
If you've got a version that's new in at least the last 3 years, go to the File\Automate menu.
choose Web Photo Gallery.
lots of different templates to choose from (and I'm sure you could create some of your own as well). basically point it at the source dir, and the destination dir, and let it go. works great. then just upload the files afterward.
this may be more than you want, but thought I'd point it out anyway. gotta love finding new things in tools that you've already got.

Back