Search Engines, Frames and HTML

martinatkinson

Registered
Hello!

I have a couple questions that I need some answers to for my site. First one is regarding relevance search engines: My site is run in frames with my nav bar in one, body in another and footer in the bottom. How do I make a search engine skip over a page and not index it?

Also, how can you tell the search engine "Come back once a week and re index my site"?

OK, my next question is sorta on search engines and frames. Since my site is run in frames the individual body pages do not have a nav bar, so if someone were to type in "www.trinity-books.com/body.html" then they would not be able to access the about, store and contact us links. My question is how would you code a page so if someone entered body.html it would check to see if both the header and footer frames are there. If they are, no problem but if they are not, it would put the frames there. Can this be done?

Have a great day!

Albert

check out http://searchenginewatch.com/webmasters/features.html for a useful look at how you can use meta tags and the other features to use the search engines effectively.

Regarding the frames issue - all I can think of is looking at the referring URL to the web pages within the frames. If the referrer is not the URL of the frame then they have probably come in directly and you can re-direct them back to the frame page. I would test that with different browsers though because they probably react differently.

Roger.

Back