Send mail in mail app?

cgp314

Registered
Hello,

I apologize if this is a obvious question, but I can't figure out how to send mail from the mail app. I have a web-page of my own (www.ColinGregoryPalmer.net ) from which I receive pop mail, but I do not have an SMTP server there. As I understand it, I can have OSX send the mail from my computer, but I don't know how to do it. If someone could point me to a howto, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

-Colin

You can use your ISP's SMTP server to send mail for your domain. Enter it in the settings and it should work. They may require SMTP Auth though, so make sure if they do you enter in your username/password.

Captain Code said:
You can use your ISP's SMTP server to send mail for your domain. Enter it in the settings and it should work. They may require SMTP Auth though, so make sure if they do you enter in your username/password.

Thank you for your suggestion, but that is not what I need to do. I use my laptop in many different locations, so having my ISP send the email is not a practical solution for me.

Thank you for your time in trying to help.

-Colin

Colin

Looks like you're being hosted by aplus.net. If this is correct, and you use even their cheapest package, you have POP3 mail, so you would have SMPT there.

Back