Setting up Mail for Exchange

callieX

Registered
Has anyone sucessfully setup mail to use an exchange server. I tried to get my work mail setup. I picked exchange and entered what the PC people told me were the settings. It keeps telling me my userid or password is wrong which it isn't. Being able to this would be a big plus here since the Mac community supports themseleves

I have managed to get my Mac Mail working with our Exchange server.
All I have done is enter the IP address of the Exchange Server in the incoming/outgoing mail server fields and entered my user name and password. One last thing is to check that the account type is set to IMAP not POP.

One last thing is to check that the account type is set to IMAP not POP.

That is the confusing part. What is the purpose of having an exchange mail type if the administrator has to change the account type to IMAP. Wouldn't that make it an imap account? I am asking this because our pro windows mail administrator has made it clear he will not make changes to accomodate mac users.

calliex

callieX said:
One last thing is to check that the account type is set to IMAP not POP.

That is the confusing part. What is the purpose of having an exchange mail type if the administrator has to change the account type to IMAP. Wouldn't that make it an imap account? I am asking this because our pro windows mail administrator has made it clear he will not make changes to accomodate mac users.

calliex

I was refering to the settings on your Mac not the server. If you go in to the preferneces on the Mac and click on "add account" it gives you the choice to make it either IMAP or POP there. Exchange servers use IMAP according to our IT staff so it is just the setting on your Mac, your windows mail administrator shouldn't have to do anything.

Back