Sharing internet connection -- domain name resolution problem

obeghain

Registered
Hello,

I've an issue with a network setup in which I would like to share an internet connection. Maybe you have an idea of what I'm doing wrong...

Setup:
I've 2 computers one MacBookPro and one MacMini. I've my MacBookPro connected on my LAN through airport from which this MacBookPro can access the Internet (through the router).

Then for demo purposes (since I need a "private" LAN between the macMini and the MacBookpro), I connected my MacMini to my MacBookPro through an Ethernet wire (and desactivated airport on the macMini). Both computers can see each other. Perfect.

Finally, I activated Internet Sharing on the Ethernet port of my MacBookPro and configured the web proxy (for the Ethernet port) on the MacMini with the IP address of the MacBookPro.

Problem:
When opening a web browser on the macMini, I can only access the default website of the MacBookPro whatever the URL I'm providing.

So, what should I do in order to ensure that the URLs provided in the browser on the macMini are resolved correctly (that is: forwarded by the macBookpro to the router for resolution)?

Thanks.
Regards,
Olivier

Back