Shoutcast broadcast on X

ManosLondonUK

Registered
Hello people.

I hope you can help with this one, I am desperate for some info and advice. I'm trying to broadcast a live shoutcast radio stream (both music and voice) from my (G3 400) iMac, and having amazing problems finding the right software!

Soundjam - obsolete

Macamp - closed down

MacAmp Lite X - obsolete

Audion - works fine but broadcasts only voice or only music. I cannot get the configuration right to make it do both at the same time, any guidance most appreciated.

Nicecast - works well but will not broadcast voice

Megaseg - I use it in combination with Nicecast. While it appears to play music and voice ok, the voice is not transmitted through Nicecast.

Live365 - only works with their servers (as expected!)

Support from Shoutcast is non-existent needless to say, I wouldn't dare to ask a Mac question in case I get lynched! Still, the only software they provide is Unix and I am no good with it - at all. But I'm good at following instructions!

Have you any knowledge/experience? If so please help, I've looked everywhere, I've tried everything and still no luck. I refuse to accept that it is not possible to do it on a Mac but I am getting a bit annoyed at all the jeering I'm receiving from my friends on windows!

Come on guys, let's prove them wrong! Again!!

Many thanks for your time

Manos :)

Hi there.

We are a small dance and hardcore radio station in Hereford called Mix Ollagy FM - UK. (http://www.mixollagyfm.co.rn) We use a Mac streamer in the studio. Having tried to find MacAmp which as you say was impossible, and trying to get Audion 3 workin which justs freezes the mac, we may have the sollution to your problem!

Just like on windows, your best bet would be to use Winamp. How does Winamp (being a windows application) work on a Mac? The answer is to download a program called CrossOver. it comes with a 60 day trial then a buy price of $59.99 which is about £30 or something like that.

CrossOver is still in beta at the moment... it works well; but starting winamp is slow. Winamo is also not in the "perfected" installations program yet but trust me and my team... it works.

Our configuration is we use the soundcard input for all audio input; none of our music is stored on our Mac hard disk; our signal paths are controlled via a mixing desk... but Winamp should work for the way you want to use it :)

Hope this helps you;
Good luck with the Radio Station

White-Knight
Part of Mix Ollagy FM - UK

Back