Sleepless nights....for me AND the Mac

Kikaimegami

Registered
Hey all, I have a mostly annoying problem. I have a Quicksilver G4 (the one before the mirrored drives, bought it in Feb. 2002) made for Education version, and I can't get the monitor to sleep. It worked fine, but I left the machine on for 7 days (online and everything, but behind a NAT firewall) and finally rebooted after a Software Update, including among other things, a Security Update, iTunes update, and a few other random things. Now the monitor doesn't sleep, no matter what amount of time I set it for. The whole machine will sleep if I choose that, but I want to leave it running, just with the monitor off, so I can get some sleep at night.. the screensaver is on, and lights up my whole room :p

Info:
Quicksilver G4, made for Education version
17" LCD Apple Studio Display
new keyboard and mouse (but it worked after I got those, so I can't see that being the problem) and the hotsink cable for my PDA is attached to the monitor, but again it worked after this so that can't be it either.
Everything else is standard.. cd-rw, zip drive, etc.

My PC's motherboard bit it two weeks ago, and Im getting frustrated with computers in general right now :( HELP!

I just tried mine and it worked fine...

But I don't have any of my USB stuff hooked up to the monitor... I'd look at the PDA first if the drivers were not part of the OS...

Back