Slipstreaming XP SP2 from _within_ OS X?

Axlin

Registered
I currently only have a Windows XP SP1 disk and would like to make a slipstream SP2 CD. My predicament, however, is that I have no access to a Windows machine, and I do not have access to virtual PC software like Parallels of any kind. I have seen tutorials on how to do this from within Linux [http://rawc.cloud.prohosting.com/linux-slipstream.html ], but they make absolutely no sense to me, and I don't even know if it would work in OS X anyways. If it's doable in Linux, then it's clearly doable within OS X, correct? And how can I go about doing this?

Thanks.

Why wouldn't you have access to Parallels? There's a free demo available. Since there's good slipstreaming software available for Windows, I'd simply do it like that: Install Parallels, install Win XP SP1 in a virtual machine and slipstream an XP SP 2 CD, remove Parallels (if you want to) and use the new CD to use BootCamp.

Thanks for your help. I got the trial of Parallels, but it unfortunately does not allow the burning of CDs; it recognizes my hardware, but it seems to have mounted it as read-only. I'm just going to have to wait until Thanksgiving and do it over at my relatives' house, because I really don't want to shell out $80 for Parallels to do this. Thanks again.

Back