Slow internet in OS 10.2

Dallas

Registered
Hi, I just got a new G4 (dual 867 w/768 MB RAM) but I've noticed that the internet connection seems pretty slow.

I have 2 PC's and both will download at around 300-450k/sec, but my G4 only gets around 30k/sec, not good at all!

I very new to OS X (one whole week, used OS 9/8 for years) did I miss something or is this all there is?

Thanks guys.:)

Originally posted by Dallas
Hi, I just got a new G4 (dual 867 w/768 MB RAM) but I've noticed that the internet connection seems pretty slow.

I have 2 PC's and both will download at around 300-450k/sec, but my G4 only gets around 30k/sec, not good at all!

Well, what service/protocole do you use. I'm on ADSL and I sure get max. speeds. Ever talked to your ISP ? Anyway, this doesn't seem to be an overall OSX problem. Could you provide more info?

Thanks for the reply,

I'm on Shaw Cable, I know there is nothing wrong with the connection, because the PC's, on the same network, get upwards of 300k, while the Mac won't, it'll usally only get around 40k... wierd.

I just thought there was some protocol that I didn't set properly, I just have the default DHCP setup under TCP/IP.

Back