Snow Leopard .local AD problem

buffalo9000

Registered
I have several new Snow Leopard IMacs I cannot get to maintain account connections with my Win 2003 AD server. I can join the domain and log off and it works but if I reboot users can not log in because the Mac does reconnect to the domain. It is still bound to the domain but the network account server icon shows red. I can rebind to the domain and the ball turns green but a reboot turns it red again.

I think the issues is that our Windows domain is called .local and the Mac finds it's own .local network (bonjour) and won't look for anything else called .local. I know our AD should not be called .local but I can't change that now. I have about 50 other Macs running Tiger or Leopard and this is not an issue. Oddly I deployed several Snow Leopard IMacs several months ago and they do not have this problem, only the last several I have tried to setup. Some are the same model received at the same time but not yet deployed but won't work.

The Snow Leopards that do and do not maintain connection to the AD server are all set up the same and are all running version 10.6.2.

thanks
Dave

Back