sold my g4

Why this sudden change of hart? I thought Macs were to slow for you?
One thing i learned is that while the Mac is maybe slower than Pc, the actual workflow is much faster on the Mac. You get much more done in a given time without the headaches of dealing with windblows downtime.

Heh.
As slow as OSX is, its still better than anything on PC.

But, I would like to think that OSX will be quicker in a years time, on better hardware etc.

I have the best of both worlds: A Dual-867 Mac for real work and a 600MHz DIY Athlon PC for games and cross-platform development. I find the Dual-867 to be acceptably fast running Internet Explorer, and the blazing speed of Mozilla proves that the problem is Explorer, not the Mac. Frankly I only start up the PC every week or so to test the build the latest version of my SDL-based game-in-progress, and once in awhile I download some shareware games and play around. But I can't use the PC for long because most of the software is so poorly designed. I'm a longtime geek, having owned and programmed computers continually for the past 24 years. As the old saying goes, "Those who love PCs and sausage should never look at either one under a microscope."

I just bought a digital video camera.

Using virtualdub on the pc is so poor in comparison to iMovie hehe.

Time to steal my sisters mac I think.

Back