SoundBlaster live osX

xyle_one

Registered
has anyone heard any more information about the development of a driver to get this card to work in osX?? Brian Sounder of creative labs was working independently of creative to build a driver for the card, but i cant find any new info about it.. here is the old article SoundBlasterLive osX
thanks.
ecsyle-one

email creative?? right. i have sent them a few emails and have not heard back once. i suppose i could email the man behind development. i guess i was hoping someone else had done the homework for me.....

has anyone tried to use the linux drivers? Or does that not work in any way shape or form? It shouldn't be that hard to just a working version of the driver for Mac OS X, after all they do have a good version for linux (using it myself). Should just be matter of recompling and changing a few lines of code.

Originally posted by JohnnyV
has anyone tried to use the linux drivers?

I was wondering that myself. Unfortunately I don't have a desktop mac to try it in. The other question I'd have about that is, would you need to use the Live! Mac Edition or could you simply use the Live! MP3 or Live! Platinum (sans Live! Drive ... don't really use it much anyway...course if the *nix driver supported it, it might work)

Anywho, for those interested in keeping up on CreativeOne's work...you can read a discussion that he posts in here http://www.insidemacgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5089&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Back