Spaces in project name...

Cow Loon

Registered
Hi,

I'm working my way through "learning cocoa" and "Hello World" won't compile, it says:

Missing file or directory: Hello

If I start over and call the project "HelloWorld" it works.

Same with the next project.

So... can projects have spaces in their names, if so what do I need to do to get the compile to work?

You should avoid spaces in your source files. If you do, you will have to escape them with \ (backslash) or quote them. Also, shell meta characters such as /*[] and so on will cause problems.

None of the source files have spaces in their names, it is the project that has a space in it's name.

How/where do I quote the project name so that building will work in ProjectBuilder?

Originally posted by Cow Loon
None of the source files have spaces in their names, it is the project that has a space in it's name.

How/where do I quote the project name so that building will work in ProjectBuilder?

Urr, okay the generated prefix header file has a space in it's name, matching the project.

So, the solution for project builder is to click on the Targets tab, go to gcc compiler settings and put quotes around the prefix file.

According to an apple guy on the project builder mailing list, this is a bug in project builder.

Back