Strange OS 10.2.3 Webserver...

JonasMW

Registered
This one's going to take a while to explain...

I have the webserver running serving one main site with several sub-sites. Each of these subsites can be accessed by a subdirectory of the main one eg. www.orkanix.com/liero or by their own sub domain liero.orkanix.com. This is where the fun starts. When accessing through the sub domains there is never any problem, however when accessing through the sub directory it gives me error 403 - access denied at random. This doesn't apply to all the subdirectories and only starts to happen a little while after I restart the webserver program. I have tried everything I can think of including setting persistent connections to 0 and fiddling with the share points... I am now at the stage where I am randomly hitting buttons and hoping for the best... please help me...

Incidentally in the workgroup manager the user admin appears as normal, in the folder info box (when you press command-I) the admin appears as randomly changing characters, sometimes chinese sometimes completely random, also I occasionally get a random process in the process viewer also with a randomly changing name but being run by the user ???, one was once using 216% of my processing power :confused:. I have added up the total % memory usage and it only comes to 60% or so.

This is a very new installation of Jaguar with all the system updates... I am on the verge of pulling my hair out... :p

Back