Stuck in 9.2 (Classic?) Can't get back to OS X!

edwardlaing

Registered
Hi!

Can anyone help please? I am a new Mac user - recently converted from 15 years of Windows (I know, I know...!)

Anyway - I have upgraded from 9.2 to OSX with the software provided and everything was running fine...

Until I tried to install a USB Flash Card Holder - which took me off into Classic mode

It then rebooted my PowerBook - into the old OS 9.2 (along with all the custom settings I had put in before upgrading to OS X) and I was able to download the photos on the Flash Card

However - my problem is that I can't get OS X to come back! I'm sure it's something simple - but I am completely stuck...

Any help gratefully received! I miss my Aqua interface...

Thanks!

Edward

The same thing happend to me.

All i had to do was boot form the OS X Cd ( put it in and hold C while restarting ) and then it was fine.

As for why it happend... i havet got the fogest! :confused:

hope it goes well.

Ad

Hi Ad

Thanks for your suggestion...

However, when I tried to boot from the CD - it took me into the "installer" program - so I chickened out and it took me off to 9.2 again!

The CD Rom with OS X on it is for version X only - since then I have upgraded to OS X.1.2 - I don't want to over write it all!

Thanks again

Ed

since you are new i will just tell you the way it is normally done and then you can say if that is news or not.
in os 9 go to apple menu/control panels/startup disc and select your osx system. restart. you should be in osx.

another shortcut is to hold down X button on keyboard while booting.

hope that helps.:)

welcome to the light btw:cool:

Hi Ed

Thanks for your message - sorry not to have replied sooner but I was in Transit from Dubai to Thailand!

Anyway - thanks for your advice - I will give it a try later on when I get back to my hotel room...

Also, thanks for you welcome to "the light" - I'm afraid it's all a bit blinding sometimes!!!:cool:

All the best

Ed

Ed

Just another quick word of thanks, just in case you're looking!

I tried it - it works - THANK YOU!!!

I had a terrible feeling it was going to be something this simple (DOH!:eek: ) but couldn't find the option anywhere - I am now up and running where I SHOULD be - in OSX!

All the best

Ed

:)

glad it worked. feel free to ask away. the hardest thing should be unlearning that everything is complicated. once you realize the obvious works 90% of the time, it is all easy.:)

Back